“I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.”
— The Lord God (Joel 3:2)
June 26, 2019
(Please refer to Parts 1 and 2 in this series for background on information in this file.)
Now let’s look at just a few of the anomalies and catastrophes that happened from 1997 to 2000 during Bill Clinton’s administration …
- FLOODING AND TORNADOES (March 1-3, 1997) / PUBLIC STATEMENT AGAINST ISRAEL (March 2-3) — Clinton and Arafat met to discuss Israel building housing units on land claimed by the Palestinians, and issued a public statement critical of the Israelis. / Clinton’s home state of Arkansas devastated by tornadoes. 67 dead in the Mississippi and Ohio Valleys.
- NORTHERN PLAINS FLOODING (April 1 – May 14, 1997) / President Clinton declared he would try to get the peace process back on track (April 7) — Flooding in North Dakota as high as 26′ above flood stage, breaking 100-year record.
- FOREIGN FINANCIAL CONTAGION (July 1997 through October 1998) / UN emergency meeting to condemn Israel (2nd resolution demanding Israel stop building (April – early May) — As the United Nations world governance bodies condemned Israel’s use of their covenant land, unprecedented worldwide financial crisis took place, with economic collapse in Asia and hundreds of billions in money lost.
In 1998 alone …
- NORTHEAST ICE STORMS (January 4-9, 1998) / Dennis Ross remarks (January 7, 1998) — As Dennis Ross “prepared the ground” for upcoming meetings in Wash. D.C., one of the most long-lived and damaging ice storms during the 20th century occurred in the NW United States and in Canada; 4.5 million people without power.
- LEWINSKY SCANDAL BROKE (January 21, 1998) / WHITE HOUSE MEETINGS WITH NETANYAHU then ARAFAT regarding LAND FOR PEACE (January 20-22) — Immediately after Netanyahu came to Clinton in the fight for the survival of his government, Bill Clinton began the fight for his political life.
- U.S. SOUTHEST SEVERE WEATHER / U.S. WARMEST, WETTEST MONTHS for in 104 years (January through February 1998) / Madeleine Albright JUMP START for PEACE (January 28) – As the Clinton Lewinsky scandal boiled over, Albright tried to restart the peace process, but she told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on February 10th that she was neither optimistic nor pessimistic. As all of this transpired, the entire continental U.S. was experiencing record-setting weather.
From May 1 through June 5th, another scandal broke out involving U.S. and China technology, following Al Gore’s statement in Jerusalem: “… a moment exists for moving the process forward … high hopes that the process will yield fruit: peace and security.” Gore was setting up Albright’s scheduled meetings on May 4th in London with Israeli and Palestinian leaders.
Gore stated that the issue of a UNITED JERUSALEM was a settled question. Jerusalem would never be divided.
Congressional Republicans stated on May 6th that they would begin hearings to investigate whether President Clinton had approved allowing the Chinese to acquire technology that would improve their nuclear missiles.
There are too many important dates during May to list them all. Suffice it to say that as the Clinton Administration worked to administer DAMAGE CONTROL, the Lord God was expressing His disapproval for all of it with more record-setting weather!
- HURRICANE GEORGES (September 24-28) / CLINTON and ALBRIGHT meetings with NETANYAHU and ARAFAT … Clinton announced plans for Israel to give away another 13% of its land; On the same day newspaper headlines began reporting, “Georges gaining strength, killer storm zeros in on Key West.” — As Georges slammed into the Gulf Coast and the eye of the storm struck Mississippi with 110-mile-per-hour winds, Clinton, Netenyahu, and Arafat agreed to push their next meeting to October 15th TO FORMALLY ANNOUNCE THE LAND GIVEAWAY AGREEMENT. When Arafat had finished giving a speech to the UN and had left New York, Hurricane Georges began to dissipate.
- October 17-22 — SEVERE FLOODS AND TORNADOES hit Texas as the meeting was taking place. President Clinton forced the talks to go longer than expected until, on October 22, ISRAEL AGREED TO GIVE AWAY THE LAND FOR ASSURANCES OF PEACE. At the same time, Clinton was forced to declare a state of emergency due to the storms!
Now we come to NOVEMBER and DECEMBER …
- MIDDLE EAST DONORS CONFERENCE (November 30 – December 1) / STOCK MARKET PLUNGE — Representatives from some 50 countries attended the Conference to Support Middle East Peace, where Clinton pledged to work tirelessly on developing a $400 million aid package for the Palestinian people, in addition to $100 million annual contribution by the U.S. Initial donations pledged at the conference was more than $3 billion…. Arafat also announced that he would be declaring a Palestinian state in May 1999 WITH JERUSALEM AS ITS CAPITOL. That sent the Dow JOnes tumbling 216 points, and once again those two stories made fromt page headlines TOGETHER.
THE CLINTON IMPEACHMENT was approved by the House Judiciary Committee on DECEMBER 11, 1998, as Clinton was arriving at the Palestinians’ newly opened airport, which he had been asked to dedicate. It was later announced that the Palestinians refused to remove from their charter their vow to destroy the nation of Israel.
I’m going to stop here and begin a new file for the 1999-2000 Clinton years. Be back soon.